Cultural differences affect our everyday lives, they inspire us and make us grow, but they can also lead to misunderstandings and conflicts. By avoiding these pitfalls, you and your co-workers save precious time and resources which can be put to better use focusing on your customers and profitability. This education will prepare you to successfully handle cultural differences.
Who are the target groups:
- Businesses with multinational divisions who are required to cooperate and solve problems together
- Swedish-owned companies with multicultural employees
- Swedish-based companies and organizations active in intercultural environments
- Public sector divisions who provide services to clients with multicultural backgrounds
What will you and your co-workers gain by participating in the education:
- Knowledge about cultural differences and how they will impact your collaboration
- Awareness of your own cultural behaviors
- Hands-on tools to manage cultural differences in an optimal way
Among other things, the course covers the following themes:
- What differences in values characterizes Sweden and other countries/cultures
- Which intercultural difficulties will affect your relations with clients, collaborators and co-workers
- Identifying the fears that affect us in the interaction between two different cultures
- How do intercultural challenges affect leadership
- What strategies and tools are available to handle cultural differences
- How to train your abilities in intercultural communication
- Specific tips and experiences for your particular line of business
The course is tailor-made to address the needs of your workplace. During the eduction short theoretical overviews will be combined with individual and group work. Depending on scope and depth, the education can be tailored to last anywhere from two hours to a couple of days.
We also offer courses in specific cultural competence for around 30 countries and regions, among others: Eastern Europe, North and East Africa, China and India.